Soccer Friction Headline Animator

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sidwell Impressed By Chelsea's Spirit


Chelsea newboy Steve Sidwell has spoken of the 'togetherness' of the team as he begins to settle into his new role at Stamford Bridge.


The midfielder joined on a free transfer from Reading at the end of last season and is getting used to the bright lights of Chelsea during their pre-season trip to the United States.


Sidwell explained: "What I've noticed, and I've only been here two days now, is the togetherness of all the team is fantastic.


"A good core of that is English, which I think, personally, is a good thing to have in the English Premier League.


"The foreign lads that are all here, there's a big bond and togetherness, which they show on the training pitch and off it."


After just one season in the Premiership it is seen as a big step up for Sidwell, but the former Arsenal youngster is anxious to prove he is good enough to cope at this level.


He said: "It's going to take me a while to bed in and I hope to do that quickly, and show the manager and the coaching staff and the players that I'm capable enough to play in this team."

0 comments: