Soccer Friction Headline Animator

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Malouda: I Have Made Up My Mind To Join Chelsea



Florent Malouda has made up his mind to move to Chelsea, and revealed that he has already spoken with coach Jose Mourinho. 

Liverpool were the first English club to be interested in him, but the Blues have since taken the lead in the race to land the Lyon midfielder.

He has now declared in no uncertain terms that he wants to move to Stamford Bridge, where he can join up with former teammates Michael Essien and Didier Drogba.

"Chelsea is where I want to be," Malouda told Progres. "I have made my choice."

"I have talked about it with the coach Jose Mourinho and I have had direct contact with the club, unlike Liverpool where too many intermediaries and sharks have entered the game."

"I want to leave, the directors know it and in these conditions I can't see carrying on with Lyon."

He wishes to play in a competitive league, and Lyon can also no longer match his wage demands. Attempts to hang on to him after losing Eric Abidal would prove futile, Malouda warned the club bosses.

"So much the better for Eric [that he moved to Barca], but it changes nothing for me."

The Blues are expected to make a £12m offer.

0 comments: